Wed, 24 Apr|
WEBINAR WEDNESDAY CPD EVENT
Webinar Wednesday - Dispensing Quality Single Vision Lenses with Confidence (ODOB Accredited)
Online webinar on the last Wednesday of every month on a variety of topics designed to upskill the Optical Dispensing Community. FREE for ODA Members!
Time & Location
24 Apr 2024, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEST
WEBINAR WEDNESDAY CPD EVENT
About the event
Hosted by Optical Dispensers Australia and Presented by Nicola Peaper of Rodenstock
This webinar has ODOB CPD Approval
- Event name: Dispensing Quality Single Vision Lenses with Confidence
- ODOB accredited Event Number: 60054
- Credits approved: Dispensing Opticians, General-1
- Accreditation end date: 19/02/2026
Even though the single vision market is possibly the most price competitive market it is still important to differentiate ourselves by giving patients improved visual outcomes that are not readily available at pharmacies and non-optical outlets. The variety of single vision solutions is vast, and the patient should be allowed to choose their visual solution from an informed position.
This presentation describes:
- The differences between types of single vision lenses.
- The different aberrations that effect the performance of lenses and the optimisation to reduce aberration.
- The effect of frame wrap and back vertex distance.
- The importance of correctly positioning the lenses to achieve the maximum benefit of the designs.
- How to talk about lenses to patients in simple terms and
- How to problem solve typical problems.
Nicola Peaper qualified as an optometrist in the UK in 1985 and practiced in private and corporate practice in the UK for 20 years. In 2001/2 she was employed as Ophthalmic Advisor to Kensington, Chelsea & Westminster Health Authority.
Since moving to Australia in 2005 she has worked in fitting laboratories advising on procedures and quality. In roles as State and National training manager she has gained extensive experience in presenting the technology behind, and the prescribing and fitting of ophthalmic lenses.
Nicola Peaper is currently Professional Services Manager for Rodenstock Australia.
*NB: This Webinar is pending CPD accreditation through ODOB for NZ Dispensing Opticians
All ODA Members are granted FREE access to this CPD Event and will gain 1 ODA CPD Point. Login to your account before purchasing your ticket for the discount to be automatically applied at checkout. Non-Members may register for a cost of $55 (incl GST). Optometrists may claim non-clinical CPD points in accordance with Optometry Australia board guidelines and processes.
NOTE: “ODOB is NOT the organiser, has NO connection with, and has NOT sponsored this event."
- Ticket type
Live 1 Hour Webinar 7pm AESTPrice$55.00
GST includedTax: GST included