TYPE OF CONTRACT:
RATE OF PAY:
Retail Optical Assistant/Dispenser
Why Choose Northgate Eye Care:
Northgate Eyecare are currently recruiting to expand the front of house team and are looking for an Optical Dispenser or experienced Retail Assistant to join the team.
Ideally the role is full time and Saturday availability is essential, however we have some flexibility in the weekday schedule. We are interested in both experienced Optical Dispensers and anyone who has a keen interest in the Optical industry and wants to expand their knowledge and skills.
At Northgate Eyecare you will have the opportunity to be part of an independent practice, utilising cutting edge Optometry whilst building long-lasting relationships with our patients. We have a strong focus on clinical patient care, professionalism and communication.
Northgate Eyecare practice full scope optometry which means you’ll see a variety of patients each day.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will be tailored to your background and level of experience but will be focused on providing support to our team of eye care professionals. Specific duties will include administrative duties, ancillary testing support, frame and lens dispensing, frame adjustments, maintenance and troubleshooting, frame purchasing, stock rotations and control, and store merchandising.
For any Retail Assistant candidates, the opportunity exists to formally up-skill and gain qualification as an Optical Dispenser.
As one of the main faces of the practice you will need to possess excellent customer service skills, work efficiently, be pro-active and build a rapport with our established long-term patient base.
You will be working alongside a highly motivated team of eye care professionals with a wide breadth of knowledge. If you enjoy the challenge of matching products to individual needs, thinking outside the box and placing value on quality dispensing you will enjoy working at Northgate Eyecare.
You are active in your approach, passionate about your service delivery and driven to achieve great results. Maybe you are studying optometry and you can demonstrate:
• Previous experience, interest or studying in optics (ideal)
• Passion for up-to-date trends and flair for fashion
• Willingness to assist customers with appropriate frame selection - making lens recommendations
• Pride in product and store by maintaining our high standards promoting our professional image
• Ability to work towards achieving store sales target with promoting campaigns and special offers
• Competitive Salary and latest technology
• Work-life balance, no late night or Sunday trading
• Professional Development and staff and family discounts
• Friendly supportive work environment with easy parking available
If you would like to join our team and think that this is the position is for you, please address your CV and cover letter to Jonathan Ucinek.
Applicationsclose 5pm ACDT 30th January 2024.