Sun, 30 Apr|
Monster Mouse Studios
SOLD OUT Make Your Own Eyewear Workshop SYDNEY
SUNDAY 30th APRIL 2023 This is an exclusive ODA Workshop run by Eyewear Maker CHRIS SAVAGE. ODA Members SAVE 15% ~ Limited Spaces Available ~
Time & Location
30 Apr 2023, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
Monster Mouse Studios, 9 Gerald St, Marrickville NSW 2204, Australia
About the event
Learn traditional artisan techniques and combine them with the latest technology to hand make your own complete pair of spectacles (prescription TOKAI lenses included) in a real life workshop.
Monster Mouse Studios
9 Gerald Street
Marrickville, NSW 2204
How to get there:
There is street parking in Gerald and the surrounding streets, however it is limited and it may be worth catching public transport if this is an option. Both Sydenham and Marrickville are located witin 15minutes walking distance.
$450 per person which includes a full days workshop, all materials, optical lenses and an amazing pair of unique specs made by you! Plus ODA Members SAVE 15% off this already amazing price with an exclusive discount at checkout.
What to Bring:
Aprons will be provided, however making eyewear can be a dusty process, so you are encouraged you to wear something that you don’t mind getting dusty. All PPE will be provided on the day. There are plenty of café’s and restaurants nearby which you can grab lunch from, muesli bars and biscuits, coffee and tea and water will be available as part of the workshop.
What you need to know:
- ODA Members receive 2 ODA CPD Points after completing the workshop.
- Numbers are limited to 8 people per workshop.
- You can choose between making Acetate Sunglasses or Optical Frames.
- Choose from 8 custom shapes and a huge range of colours.
- Over the course of the day you will get to cut, sand and assemble your own frames.
- Prescription or Plano Lenses are included for FREE thanks to our Corporate Partner - Tokai Optical Australia.
- Your lens order will be placed at the workshop. Samples will be available to choose coatings etc.
- Safety gear will be provided on the day (but please wear your own closed in shoes).
Your ticket includes High Index Tokai prescription lenses in Single Vision, Anti-Fatigue or Progressive (PAL), as well as coating options. ( Valued at up to $726*). *Lenses to be chosen from the collection below:
LUTINO 1.60 | 1.67 | 1.76 (With NRC coating and optional tinting)
o Single Vision: AS or Smart Toric
o Anti-Fatigue: Rest R
o Progressive: Sereno IS
Polarised 1.60 (With NRC coating and optional mirror coating)
o Single Vision: Spherical
o Anti-Fatigue: N/A
o Progressive: EasyOne
o Polarising: Choice of 12 colours
o Mirror: Green, Silver or Blue
o Rear Multi-Coat: Vacuum deposition coating front + anti-reflective coating back
After the class:
- Your frames will be put into a sanding tumbler to have the surface neatened. (2 days)
- Frames will be bagged up and sent off to Tokai to have your lenses fitted.
- Once complete, your frames will be cased and posted to your nominated home or work adddress.
NB: Due to the nature of the event, tickets are strictly non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer your ticket to another person and advise us of the change.
Make Your Own Eyewear
Tokai Prescription Lenses Included$450.00Tax: GST included+$11.25 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out